官术网_书友最值得收藏!

Change of Ownership of Hong Kong Tramways

In 1910, the Electric Traction Company of Hongkong Limited was renamed as Hong Kong Tramways Limited, which relocated the headquarters from England to Hong Kong in 1922. The management right was also handed over to Hong Kong. Hong Kong Tramways Limited thus became an independent holding company, with its main stake owned by Jardine Matheson. In the same year, Hong Kong Tramways stopped generating its own power but started purchasing electricity from Hong Kong Electric Company.

During this period of time, Hong Kong Tramways started its double track laying project between Kennedy Town and Causeway Bay, while the tramway between Causeway Bay and Shau Kei Wan remained as monorail. Later, due to road widening, the double track laying project was extended to Shau Kei Wan.

In the old days, the tram operation between Causeway Bay and Shau Kei Wan was two-way monorail. Double line laybys were set at intervals, allowing two trams running in opposite directions to pass by at the same time.

Trams drove past the junction between King's Road, Quarry Bay and Mount Parker Road in 1930s. At that time this segment had contained double track.

In 1925, the "fourth-generation tram" was introduced. Its upper deck still carried first-class passengers, while the main deck carried the third-class passengers. This new design gave more rooms and comfort to passengers on both decks.

主站蜘蛛池模板: 吉安市| 阿城市| 辽阳县| 东源县| 沅陵县| 衡南县| 郓城县| 三都| 通海县| 日土县| 曲阜市| 米易县| 招远市| 铜山县| 新和县| 青阳县| 盐津县| 无锡市| 鹿邑县| 综艺| 乐陵市| 香港 | 日照市| 黄冈市| 巍山| 长岛县| 滨州市| 南昌县| 彭泽县| 克拉玛依市| 南部县| 隆安县| 上高县| 永兴县| 武强县| 竹北市| 曲靖市| 雷州市| 崇礼县| 平凉市| 旬阳县|